ST4_B007_18DD.zip is the latest and greatest firmware that you should be using to test with Dana Dolly / Spectrum ST4,
Notable improvements are mostly around tuning and power:
- Tuned the rig for VMount (14-16V) packs as source.
- Adjusted Powers and speeds for all modes to prevent overdrive with an 18lb payload (about a 33lbs sled)
- Created programming of max accelerations to help ensure jogging modes don't try to accelerate too quickly.
- Adjusted speeds for slow modes to have greater precision for live drive applications with heavy loads. It
This firmware, coupled to the latest integration kit should be solid on performance and power handling.
Gather the following:
- The microSD card that came with you spectrum. Do not format or change this card. The default file system can be read and written to by mac or windows and should not be changed.
- A way to write to that card from your computer. This is a simple SD to microSD card adapter if your computer has an SD card slot, or a USB card reader with a microSD card slot. This is not included with your spectrum, but these are easy to pick up.
- Your ST4 with a power source.
Here is how you do it from the zip file:
- Download the latest firmware zip. ST4_B007_18DD.zip
- Connect your microSD card to your computer.
- Extract the contents of the zip file to a known location. Copy the update folder (and it's contents to your microSD card's root. STOP - this is important. What this means is that the update folder and its contents are immediately under the drive that is mounted with your SD card. If its not, the firmware upgrade won't start!). Example from windows shown below of how your SD card should look.
- Eject the card from your computer.
- Insert the micro SD card to your ST4 (Tip: putting a tape tail on the card allows for easy removal)
- Power on the ST4 and WAIT for 30 seconds. The screen will be dark during the update process, but it will light back up when complete, showing the new version for about a second.
- Once the update is complete, power down the ST4, take out the microSD card, and put it back in the holder, for the next update.