ST4_RC007_28 is the latest and greatest firmware that you should be using to work with Dana Dolly / Spectrum ST4.
Gather the following:
- The microSD card that came with you spectrum. Do not format or change this card. The default file system can be read and written to by mac or windows and should not be changed.
- A way to write to that card from your computer. This is a simple SD to microSD card adapter if your computer has an SD card slot, or a USB card reader with a microSD card slot. This is not included with your spectrum, but these are easy to pick up.
- Your ST4 with a power source.
- Download the attached firmware file XXX.srec
- Connect your microSD card to your computer. Check to make sure that you have the update folder on the SD card. If not create it.
- Copy the XXX.srec file into the update folder. You should now have the SDCARD/update/XXX.srec.
- Eject the card from your computer.
- Insert the micro SD card to your ST4 (Tip: putting a tape tail on the card allows for easy removal)
- Power on the ST4 and WAIT for 30 seconds. The screen will be dark during the update process, but it will light back up when complete, showing the new version for about a second.
- Once the update is complete, power down the ST4, take out the microSD card, and put it back in the holder, so you have it for the next update.