As of March, 2018, we recommend all users use the ST4_RC_007_28 firmware. This firmware is what currently ships with all new spectrum units.
Gather the following:
- The microSD card that came with you spectrum. Do not format or change this card. The default file system can be read and written to by mac or windows and should not be changed.
- A way to write to that card from your computer. This is a simple SD to microSD card adapter if your computer has an SD card slot, or a USB card reader with a microSD card slot. This is not included with your spectrum, but these are easy to pick up.
- Your ST4 with a power source.
Here is how you do it:
- Download the latest firmware file (see the link below to the ST4_RC007_28.srec file)
- Connect the micro SD Card that came with your spectrum st4 to your computer.
- -Copy ST4_RC007_28.srec into the "update" folder on that card. If the update folder isn't there, just add it.
-Another way of stating this is copy the ST4_RC007_28.srec under the "update" folder on that card.
-Yet a third way of saying this is your folder/file structure needs to look like this: SDCard:/update/ST4_RC007_28.srec (What your computer names the SD card and whether is has a drive letter is unimportant).
If the file is not placed correctly, the firmware upgrade process will not start.
- Eject the card from your computer.
- Insert the micro SD card to your ST4 (Tip: putting a tape tail on the card allows for easy removal). Make sure it goes in straight and seats well.
- Power on the ST4 and WAIT for 30 seconds. The screen will be dark during the update process, but it will light back up when complete, showing the new version.
- Once the update is complete, power down the ST4, take out the microSD card, and put it back in the holder, for the next update.
- Power on the ST4, Select Settings --> Slider to select the slider you have. Dana Dolly is selected by default.
Want more detailed firmware update instructions? Try these.
Looking for older versions of the firmware?