Are you interested in playing with the latest and greatest features and giving feedback to the eMotimo Team - jump on in an play! Please be aware these are works in progress and not always good for production shoots - stick with the released versions if you aren't comfortable with potential bugs!
To update the firmware,
- Download the .srec firmware file you want.
- copy srec file under the update folder of your uSD card so it looks like SDCARD:/update/firmwarefileiwanttoload.srec. If the card is blank you need to create the update folder.
- Insert the uSD card to the spectrum - make sure it goes in straight and is fully seated.
- Power on and wait 20 seconds - check that the new firmware flashes on the screen on startup.
- Remove card for safekeeping
RC007_43 (7/5/18) - API Update
- Added G215 and G216 commands to return StopA and StopB positions on request. API is published here.
RC007_42 (7/2/18) - Pano update
- Updated Pano feature to be able to shoot up to 5 minute exposures (user request)
RC007_40 (6/22/18) - Bug Fix - folder creation for SD Card writing
- Resolved Bug in LOG folder not creating correctly.
- Removing old builds from download area.
RC007_39 (6/21/18) - Working through Dragonframe Real Time interface
- Put back in Dragonframe code for V2 - see this article
- Resolved issue with dragonframe where uploaded move would not copy to the end.
- Added eStops
- Playhead accurate and working for keyframable DMX lighting.
RC007_38 (6/20/18) - Playing with logging. Triggering RED Cameras.
- Update Test DD to be silent.
- ID'd issue with max speed, max ramp moves hitting limits, sharp change, updated max ramp value to be 40% for video, min 5%
- looked at throttling of the velocity during move, now allow up to 20% overage compared to 10, globalized variable.
- Added code for SD Card read/write tests.
- Updated Programmed Shots Summary screen to show filename of log file (known issue where this changes after it is written)
- Fixed issue with writes to EEPROM
- Removed several frame variables that were cluttering the code
- Fixed non-reverse bug of the timelapse
- Adding basic triggering code for the RED for both video and SMS. Custom cables are on order. Added Settings for I/O Port: RED Trigger.
RC007_34 (4/26/18) - Updated Move Profiles, moving forward with Dragonframe 4.1
- Added New Dana Dolly Profile called DD Test to manage starts and stops better for heavy cameras. This feathers our starts and stop more to help reduce/remove vibrations some users are seeing with during the starts. Try this out with at least 20% ramp in programmed moves!
- Updated the way M4 reads feel (this is typically for Fz) We updated the reads from the R2/L2 Squeezy triggers to remove deadzones and make the first 50% of the engagement more sensitive. Several users said getting the lens into the right position was tough with the old "curves". We like the feel better now too.
- Added Real-Time Interface for Dragonframe - open to certain customers only. Reach out if you want to test to email@example.com
RC007_28 (2/23/18) Release Candidate for R007 - Currently Shipping with New Dana Dolly Units
- BUGFIX- Resolved issue of Slider Selection not retaining
- BUGFIX- Continuous mode for Photo Tools--> 360VR works as expected
- BUGFIX - Resolved double fire for external triggers Photo Tools--> 360VR
Known - Issues with this version (updated 4/26)
- Issue when modifying a ping pong shoot that has been stopped. Recommend, fully setting up any new ping pong shots rather than break in and modify to avoid this bug.
RC007_27 (2/21/18) Release Candidate for R007 (no longer available)
- BUG -Fixed Display issue with Photo Tools
- BUG -Fixed Runaway Tilt issue with Photo Tools 360 mode on star
Found Issues with this version (updated 2/22)
- Bug - When selecting ifootage slider from setting menu, motor profiles not retained on power cycle
- Bug- can't start TL360 mode continuous
- Bug-Double fired external triggers from 360 Photo mode.
RC007_26 (2/21/18) Release Candidate for R007 (no longer available)
- Merged Dana Dolly and original ST4 firmware
- Updated Settings menu to reorder and add new options
- Added Screen Flip option
- Added Slider Selection Option – Select your slider – this selection will drive the motor profiles available for selection as well as distance calculations on the display.
- Added i/o port option for API / Dragonframe
- Added AfterRun Placeholder – Future functionality
- Added easy Link to Telemetry 1 and Telemetry 2 screens
- Added Version information
- Programmed Moves - Timelapse - Increased Max Frames for Timelapse to 2880
- Programmed Moves - Video – Increased Max Duration from 1 hour to 12 hours.
- Programmed Moves – First Screen – shows Pan/Tilt and now Slide information live
- Programmed Moves – Multipoint – Increased onboard keyframes from 5 to 9.
- Programmed Moves – Multipoint – Enabled programming without remote in the field. Use only 8Way joystick. When selecting a multipoint move, first click sets Pan/Tilt, second adjust Slide/Focus.
- Programmed Moves - Multipoint –Axis Movetypes – added multipoint Linear as an option – this is very good for focus. Still recommend using multipoint curved for pan and tilt in all scenarios.
- Programmed Moves - Duration/Ramp control is now much improved to prevent users from selecting values that could result in impossible moves (overspeed, accelerating too fast).
- Programmed Moves -Enforce speed throttling during moves to prevent motor overspeed for impossible multipoint moves.
- Programmed Moves - Stopping video moves mid run is more graceful, rather than hard stops.
- GoTo Frames – users can now “bailout” of setting a Target by pressing. Square without locking it down.
- Live Motion – Improvements and changes to many move profiles. Addition of Dana Dolly Turbo mode that is recommended only for 24 volt supplies.
- Live Motion – Rec/Playback. Increased Max record time of live moves to 2 minutes at 24fps (2880 frames).
- Photo Tools – Incorporated Sun Tracking Modes
- BUG Fix – resolved issue of small motor moves when transitioning between certain screens.
- BUG Fix – display issues when moving between menus.
B007_16 as of 08/10/17
- Update Sun Tracking
- Bug fix for suntracking mode early exit from tracking mode after several minutes.
- Added 16 x slew mode
- Now showing degrees and Time Elapased
- Added backlash comp on start to help understand directions its going
B007_14 as of 08/8/17 (not available for download anymore)
- Updated Quiet motor profiles to be less prone to skipping on fast starts with heavy rigs.
- Added Screen Flip Option in Setting's menu - (for those underslingers)
- Added Photo Tools --> Sun Tracking - this is basically using the tilt axis to counteract the rotation of the earth (15 deg/ hour). Slew adjustment at various rates to help push it on track.
- Added Shutter trigger to eMotimo API - G400 series. (eMotimo API is a toolkit to control your emotimo over the serial port and was added in B007_9)
B007_9 as of 06/9/17
- Added Dragonframe support
- Added eMotimo API
- Added 9 Point Moves
- Updated Setting's Menu to be 3 pages long instead of side by side.
- Added new I/O port setting with:Ext Triggering (default), eMotimo API, Dragonframe as options.
Reported Bugs in B007_9:
- 6/22 - Reverse for SMS (Timelapse) doesn't work. Just fires a single shot and returns to main menu. This doesn't seem to be an issue with video moves.
B007_6 as of 5/17/17
- Updated max SMS frames from 1000 to 2000
- Increased record time to 2000 frames (at 24fps, that's about 83 seconds of free-form recording!)
- Turned back on External Triggering
B007_5 as of 5/12/17.
- Backlash compensation on the start of all programmed moves
- Additional Photo Tools Menu with
- Pano/Giga - unchanged, working well
- NEW - 360's - in test - should make it easy to set up single dual and three row 360's by simply pointing to a start point and selecting how many pics you want in a 360. Add rows if you want, and go.
- Note - External Triggering not enabled in B007_5