Thinking about making the next leap in motion control? Here is everything you need to get started with an eMotimo spectrum ST4 and the Dana Dolly Portable Dolly System.
1) Buy the spectrum ST4 and integration kit from eMotimo:
- eMotimo spectrum ST4 & Dana Dolly Integration Kit ($3,499.00)
- If you're going to be mobilizing a heavy camera payload consider adding the Forward/backward Adjustment Plate ($58.95).
2) Get your Dana Dolly from Dana Dolly, from B&H or Adorama
- For a fully mobile system, we recommend getting the full kit with case ($1,285.00)
- Going to only be using it in the studio? Save some money and get the same kit without the case, with the Universal track ends ($829.99) or Original track ends ($699.99).
3) Get your Track
4) Get your Stands and Support
If you are ground or apple box based, then you are set, but if you want some stands to make height adjustments a bit easier in the field or studio, consider the following options:
We don't recommend standard C-Stands as they just don't hold up with stability for heavier cameras. C-Stands are find if you want/need a center support.
Matthews makes a great slider stand with a wide base called The Slider Stand.
The guys at American Grip make a stand specifically for Dana Dolly, give them a call at (818) 768-8922 and see if they have them in stock, maybe they'll cut you a deal!
So, if you're starting from scratch and want to build up your eMotimo 4-axis motion control rig, you're looking at a cost range of about $4,500 - $6,500 based on your accessories.