- Direct Drive motor (no gearbox)
- 14:1 geared motor (with planetary gear reduction)
- Both - swapping motors takes 2-3 minutes
Summary of performance:
- Direct Drive Motor (smaller drive pulley) in all situations where you are using the slider level. This motor doesn't have the torque to move angled loads. If you shoot interviews, level, this is your motor as it is fast and quiet and accurate for shooting macro.
- Use the 14:1 geared motor (heavier motor with the round gearbox and larger drive pulley) anytime you are setting up angled shots on the slider. Additionally, if you are shooting only timelapse - most users leave the 14:1 motor attached, even for level shots. Your jog speed is lower, but if that's not an issue, then this might be easier to leave this on.