If you have a new remote, or have paired the remote with another system or Sony Playstation, you will need to repair it with the spectrum st4. Remotes can only be connected to one system at a time. Please make sure your PS is off or well out of range.
Dongle /Remote repairing:
1) Charge your remote.
2) Power on the spectrum. Check for a light on the dongle. It’s ok if this blinks occasionally.
3) Using the 8 Way Hat on the side of the ST4, go to Settings – Click
4) Move the cursor down to Pair New Remote (4th page down as of the latest firmware), but don’t select this yet by clicking this yet.
5) On the PS4 remote, Press and hold the Share button. While still holding the share, press and hold the PS button.
6) Watch the remote LED and once it starts a fast short blink, release both buttons.
7) On the spectrum, now select the Pair New Remote by hitting the 8Way center button. The selection will highlight for a moment.
8) The remote is now pairing. When complete the LED will light blue on the remote, and the screen with “unhighlight” the text.
9) The remote is now active. Note this procedure should not have to be run again unless the remote is paired to another system, or the remote is new, or the dongle was replaced. Follow the above