If you have a new remote, new dongle, or have paired the remote with another system or Sony Playstation, you will need to re-pair it with the Spectrum ST4 before the remote can be used. Remotes can only be connected to one system at a time.
- Ensure the remote is fully charged. We recommend plugging your remote into a computer USB port as not all wall adapters are compatible.
- Power on the spectrum and check the dongle for a light. This may blink occasionally.
- Using the 8-way Navstick on the side of the ST4, navigate to Settings –> Pair New Remote (4th page down as of the latest firmware), but do not click the 8-way Navstick to select this yet.
- Ensure any ST4, Playstation, or other device which the remote was connected to is powered off or well out of range.
- On the PS4 remote, place your left thumb on the Share button near the top of the controller and your right thumb on the PS button, centered between the two joysticks. Press and hold both buttons for 5-7 seconds until the LED on the front of the remote starts a fast short blink, then release both buttons.
- On the Spectrum, press the 8-way button to select the Pair New Remote option. The selection will highlight for a few seconds while the remote pairs. When complete the LED will light blue on the remote, and the ST4 display will “unhighlight” the text.
- Confirm the remote is now active by using the D-Pad to scroll through the options menu. The remote should remain paired unless it is paired to another system, a new remote is paired to the ST4, or the dongle is replaced. In any of these cases, follow the above steps to re-pair the remote.