The spectrum ST4 is a 4-axis, or 4 channel motion controller.
Internally, the Pan and Tilt motors are wired to channel 1 and channel 2. Without additional accessories or plugging in anything else, this configuration supports Panning and Tilting.
Externally, we have the two powered motor ports to control our motorized accessories. These are labeled M3 and M4 on the side of the ST4. These are the final 2 channels that the ST4 controls.
You can plug in eMotimo motorized accessory to these powered motor ports, giving you the option for control -
You can: Pan, Tilt, Slide, Focus OR Zoom by:
- Adding a Slider by plugging it into the spectrum’s M3 port.
- Adding a Fz motor by plugging it into the spectrum ST4’s M4 port.
You can: Pan, Tilt, Focus, Zoom by:
- Adding a Fz by plugging it into the spectrum’s M3 port.
- Adding a second Fz motor by plugging it into the spectrum ST4’s M4 port.
The combinations for getting many shots is possible with adding our motorized accessories meant to plug into the M3 and M4 motor ports. These accessories are:
- Dana Dolly Integration Kit -
- MYT Integration Kit
- iFootage S1 + Integration Kit
- WeMacro Rails
What is not possible with a single ST4 is:
Pan, Tilt, Slide, Focus, Zoom as this would require 3 external motor ports. That is why we created the upgraded ST4.3 which adds up to another 3 axis of powered control for lens motors. This essentially makes the STT4.3 a 7-axis rig. Learn more here -