What firmware should I use?
If you have purchased the unit from eMotimo on regular production hardware - you should be on the latest Stable release - currently - SA2_RC001_004
We also will preview our upcoming firmware in the Beta version. This version is basically testing code that will end up in the Stable release when tested.
Experimental is for newest and likely buggy features that some users will be playing with. I would recommend staying out off this firmware unless you have a specific reason and are in contact with eMotimo development.
To update the firmware
- Round up the MicroSD card that came with your SA2.6. It is a small 8 or 16GB card formatted FAT32. Every unit ships with this card to avoid compatibility issue when updating firmware.
- Download the firmware update package you want from this page.
- Your download will be a .zip folder that contains the folder structure seen below.
- Note: for Beta update packages may only include an SREC File. If so, please create the update folder and put the SREC file like SA2_RC001_004.srec in it.
- Unzip the update package and copy the update folder onto the MicroSD card
- Insert the MicroSD card to the SA2.6 and make sure it is fully seated. This is Push/Push micro SD card holder. Press it in and release to lock it. Press it in an release it to have it unlock and protrude slightly from the SA2.6.
- Power on the SA2.6 and wait for the flashing process to complete (Note: Major updates take ~5min, Minor updates take ~2min)
- Once the SA2.6 completes the update it will reboot and display the new firmware version on the splash screen
- You are now good to go. Press and release the microSD card to have it protrude from the SA2.6, then remove it. Store this SD card / holder for safekeeping for future firmware updates. This card is preformatted and guaranteed to work with your SA2.6 unlike many high-capacity cards meant for cameras / audio recorders.
SA2_RC001_005 (Expected: 9/30/23) -
SA2_RC001_005_EXP (9/20/23) -
- Contains all Experimental Integrations; Save/Load Moves, Dragonframe, Skaarhoj, Stream Deck, Unreal Engine, Ronin 2, Custom Cue Lights, Auto Tracking (These are still under development and are not supported)
SA2_RC001_005_BETA (9/20/23) -
- Updates to the Remote Connection Fixes Partial Disconnection Issue
SA2_RC001_004 (9/12/23) - Stable
- Fixed bugs with MultiKeyframe Start and Stop of the Slider
- Implemented reversals and ability to turn off the Tilta and RS Channels in the Settings Menu
SA2_RC001_003 (8/31/23) -
- Removed all Experimental Integrations; Save/Load Moves, Dragonframe, Skaarhoj, Stream Deck, Unreal Engine, Ronin 2, Custom Cue Lights, Auto Tracking (These are still under development and are not supported)
- Fixed bugs that were leaving Network Adapter in Serial Mode
- UI/UX Updates for more consistent navigation
- Limits for all motor axis are now settable through Channel Settings Menu
- Multipass workflow experience improved
- Fixed Initial Connection of Remote Jogging Motors Bug
- Fixed Reversed Timelapse Bug
- Backlash Added to RS Axis on Return to Start
- Canceling a Go To Frame Stops RS Motors
- Fixed Timelapse Runtime Display Bug
SA2_RC000_016 (8/25/23) -
- More UE Updates
- Limits Setup Workflow in Channel Settings Menu
- API Updates for Skaarhoj, StreamDeck
- Improved trajectory matching between slider and RS gimbals.
- Improved end conditions for 2 point moves
- Mutipoint end conditions improved for multi-point
- Looping Mode name changed to Multipass
- "Dwell" changed to "Hold"
- UX Updates for consistency in navigation controls
SA2_RC000_015 (8/15/2023) - Open Issues listed below.
- Improved UE Workflow with RS Motors
- Move Reversal Bugs were Fixed
- Fixed Various API Bugs
- Channel Settings Menu Expanded
- Fixed Bug with PopUp GoToFrames during Programmed Shots
- Main Menu Style Update
- Photo Tools Option Removed
- Port Re-Configuration Bugs Fixed
- Looping Mode added to Programmed Shots
Open Issue - 8Way Navigation issue - left right/up/down reversed - this is a showstopper for production work without the remote and Interview Monster.
SA2_RC000_014 (7/21/2023) -
- Improved Ramp Up of the RS Focus motor
- Fixed Skipping of the RS Focus motor in the MultiKeyframe workflow
- Improved Ramp Down of the RS Gimbals in the MultiKeyframe workflow
- Multi-Revolution Moves on the RS Gimbals
- Minimum Move time Calculations (These are basic and do not account for moves with long ramp up and ramp down phases)
- Improved MultiKeyframe Setup Screens for Move Demo
- Increased Accuracy/Repeatability of Ronin 2 Motion Planning
- Fixed Return to Start for moves with larger than 180 degrees of Pan
SA2_RC000_013 (6/30/2023) -
- Remove Easy Menu to get simple access to Interview Monster Mode on normal screens. This will be a top-level menu item called Guided.
- Updates to backend API for Admin tools
- Update Telemetry-Output Options for Free-D V2
- Update Default Pan of RS gimbal from PS4 joystick to be correct
- Update RSPan/RSTilt Channel mapping value to store on power off
- Added a Offset for RS motion planning that can help increase RS timing accuracy with different camera payloads
- Changed the style of the Main Menu Display
- Updated the Settings Menu
SA2_RC000_012 (6/19/2023) -
- Cue Lights workflow added (R2 Trigger on single pass program shot will add a Cue for next replay - Only works in forward direction don't reverse the move)
- Added smoothing for 8-Way control of Slide and TurnTable
- Fixed Bug with GoToFrames losing reference point every time you enter the Live Motion screen
- Fixed Bug Press and Hold UX now working
- Fixed Bug with motors not using full profile velocity range when using the PS4 inputs
SA2_RC000_008 (5/31/2023) -
- Initial Beta Release
- Interview Monster Workflow introduced
- Product Monster Workflow introduced
- DJI Gimbal Integration for RS2/RS3 Pro