99% of our users are just fine playing with our regular user interface.
We put together and API to enable certain users to push the limits of what they can do with the spectrum. The API is only lightly supported and since it really gets into the guts of eMotimo, don't play with this unless you are comfortable with with code and controlling things through terminal interfaces and other microcontrollers.
To use the API you need to either:
- Purchase the Serial USB Cable found out here. https://emotimo.com/products/usb-to-i-o-port-cable-for-spectrum-st4
- Use a simple micro USB cable from your computer to the spectrum Micro USB port - in this mode, under Settings, make sure in your settings menu, you have selected USB Port set to eMotimo API.
This API is a document is a set of commands to access and control the spectrum ST4. It is intended for developers, and not for regular users. The functionality will be added as requested. Bugs can be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ST4 API Issue”
Here are few things you can do with the API:
- Use simple go to commands to jog motors
- Use complex go to commands with timing and accelerations to coordinate motor movement
- Query Position
- Set Stop, Query Stops
- Set Motor Performance
- Stream Motor position at various refresh rates
Who is using this now?
- Timelapse View for Pan Tilt integration for sun and moon tracking.
- A few people who are creating apps to coordinate multicamera setups who want to control the spectrum from a switcher.
- Industrial Automation folks who want to point a laser where they want it, when they want it.
- Those who want to perform complex scripting and routines written and driven from a computer.
Please sign in to leave a comment.