Important Note - While the full integration enables The View to talk to eMotimo's API over a USB cable to handle more complex tasks like Moon or Sun Tracking, the interface has proved to be challenging and not reliable. Development to fix this is out of eMotimo's hands and we aren't sure if this will ever prove to be reliable. At this time, eMotimo only recommends the View and the ST4 use the basic sync method.
This video shows you how to follow the Full Integration method where the View drives the Spectrum.
Items you'll need:
- eMotimo spectrum ST4
- Timelapse+ View
- USB to I/O Cable
- Your Camera and USB Cable to connect it to the view
- USB Hub
Order of operations:
- Power on the View
- Power on your Spectrum - set Settings --> I/O port --> to eMotimo API
- Mount camera (low) with View+ on hot shoe
- Connect USB - I/O cable to USB on View+ and I/O on Spectrum via hub
- Setup using View menus or View app including options for tracking the sun/moon