- Your spectrum ST4 should be running the latest firmware - RC_007_100SA as of 10/1/2020 - scroll to the bottom to download the SREC file attachments.
- Your Inertial Wheels and Receiver need to be updated https://nodo.film/
downloads to the Latest BETA.
- You need a special cable that connects the IW Rx to the ST4's i/o port - this is available to purchase from eMotimo.
To get going:
- Plug in the custom cable to the IWRx and the ST4's i/o port
- Power up the RX using USB power - from a compatible battery pack like a V-mount, or Gold Mount with USB A out, or even by removing (and don't you dare lose it) the USB dongle on your Spectrum ST4.
- Power on the IW. Select Menu > Output > Remote Head > eMotimo ST4 - Go back to main Dashboard.
- Power up the Spectrum ST4 - check your firmware on startup - should be RC007_95 or greater
- On the ST4 -->Settings, third page down-->I/O port --> Set to "Inertia Wheels", click to set. Note that you only have to set the I/O port once after a firmware upgrade - then it will stick.
- On the ST4, go to the main menu, then Live Motion --> Select Preset#7 - Inertia Wheels, click to set. Note that you only have to set the motor profile once after a firmware upgrade - then it will stick.
- Verify that the Inertia Wheels Dashboard says - eMotimo - ST4 Live. When this happens, there is two-way communication.
A couple of notes:
- The ratios of the wheels to head are true, meaning a 20:1 on pan will require 20 rotations of the IW for 1 rotation of the Spectrum Pan Axis. Same with Tilt. To get under 1:19, you will have to modify your defaults in Menu-->Wheels --> Fastest Ratio. We have our Fastest Ratio set to 6 - it is quite fast.
- Any Motor profile of the spectrum will work - Quiet Fast, Fastest, etc. We just made a special, ultra-responsive profile for IW.
- If you aren't getting communication, from the RX to the ST4, you can reset the ST4's serial port by going to Settings, third page down-->I/O port --> Set and click anything but Inertia Wheels, click to set, then switch back. As of Mid April, we made this connection auto-reset so this shouldn't be needed most of the time.
- Slider and Looping Control - already here
- Record / playback and layering . . .