Question: Should a rig just be able to power on and repeat a shot? Why is it so technical? My phone knows which way its pointed, so does my gimbal, my VR headset, my car, and a bunch of other stuff. Why is your rig so dumb? I just want to push a button and have magic happen and get paid big money by Planet Earth 7.
Answer: - Yes we could add sensors – really expensive sensors to align to the world and push of a button performance still wouldn’t get us results that are convincing and repeatable. Technology won’t save you here yet – you need to put in the time to both position and align you rig.
Question: Why limit the number of folders and move files to 400 or 1 billion?
Answer: Really, there is not limit except for the space on your SD card, but sorting and organizing a large number of move files is resource/memory intensive with the light-weight file systems we use on the ST4. We may add more in the future, but any Fat32 formatted microSD card can be swapped in a more moves saved and stored.
Known / Open Issues and areas for improvement:
- Need more Options for Persistence of Save Settings. Current solution saves one move and toggles the save option to ‘No’ (Off). Plan to have a settings menu selection to have more options on this persistence.
- Jogging between Multi Key Frames overclocks the motors on small moves.
- Limited protection against saving invalid move files. (Ex. Saving a move with out any setup)
- Empty project folder on SD card can cause a crash. Should only can happen when a user modifies the SD Card contents.
- Checking Bounds has no Backlash Compensation and could be more accurate with this compensation.
- Potential for the Return to Start Routine to be Quicker
- Saving Moves is limited to 20 Project IDs with 20 moves per Project ID. Limited to 400 total moves. Goal to raise this limit
- Project IDs on the Project Selection screen could be alphabetized/sorted in some manor
- The Tiling of the Details/Summary Screen could be improved
- Ability to Save/Load a move without the Remote not fully implemented
Please sign in to leave a comment.