Here's what you need to get started:
- Check your firmware of the spectrum st4 (shown on startup of the spectrum in upper left corner). If you aren't on RC007_28 or above, you need to update your firmware. We have included specialized motor profiles specific to the Dana Dolly. Your spectrum ST4 running on R006 version will not perform well with the Dana Dolly.
- Open and peruse these well-written and illustrated instructions (attached to this article).
- Get started by mechanically mounting your spectrum to the Dana Dolly carriage. If you don't have a half ball leveler in 100mm or 75mm, you need one. You can get one from all the usual shops - 100mm Half Ball & 75mm Half Ball . The spectrum ST4 and eMotimo Clamp Riser are included in the eMotimo Kit. The ball Adapter (receiver) is included with new versions of the Dana Dolly kits.
- Mount up your motor and belt clamps per the instructions for you Dana Dolly configuration
- Power with a VMount if you can. We include a 24V AC Adapter, but freeing yourself from one more wire is powerful and enables faster setups.